Dental Hygiene is connected to our oral health is an essential aspect of our overall well-being that we should never overlook. The mouth can give us insights into the nutrition we’re getting and the presence of infections. Even small issues like mouth lesions can provide clues to larger systemic problems that affect our entire bodies.
We have picked out five of the most important areas of dental hygiene. Take a look, and if you have any questions, please give us a call (613) 424-1111
1. Brushing Technique: Proper brushing is the cornerstone of dental hygiene. Use a soft-bristle toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Brush for at least two minutes, making sure to reach all surfaces of your teeth. Angle your brush at 45 degrees towards the gum line to clean the area where your teeth meet your gums. Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and keep your breath fresh.
2. Flossing Daily: It’s essential to prioritize flossing every day as just brushing your teeth won’t effectively clean the areas between them where plaque and food particles can accumulate. These build-ups can cause cavities and gum disease, which can be prevented by flossing. Remember to use a gentle, back-and-forth motion and curve the floss around each tooth to clean below the gum line. If you find traditional flossing challenging, you can opt for inter dental brushes or a water flosser.
3. Balanced Diet: Your oral health is within your control! By making conscious decisions about what you eat, you can protect your teeth and gums from decay and erosion. By incorporating fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and dairy products into your diet, you are providing your body with essential nutrients like calcium and vitamin D, which are crucial for maintaining strong teeth and healthy gums. Take charge of your oral health by choosing the right foods today!
4. Regular Dental Check-ups: Maintaining a regular dental checkup every six months can help prevent any dental issues from arising. This enables early detection of any problems, making them easier and more cost-effective to treat. Moreover, your dentist can provide professional cleanings to remove plaque and tartar buildup, keeping your smile healthy and vibrant.
5. Oral Hygiene Products: Achieving optimal oral hygiene requires careful consideration of your unique needs. By selecting products that cater to your individual requirements, such as toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth or mouthwash for extra protection against bad breath and bacteria, you can take important steps towards maintaining your oral health. Consulting with your dentist for personalized recommendations can also help guide you towards the best products for achieving your oral health goals. Remember, taking care of your teeth and gums is a crucial component of overall health and wellness.
Remember, a beautiful smile isn’t just about aesthetics; it’s a reflection of your overall health. By prioritizing these five areas of oral health and dental hygiene, you’ll not only keep your teeth and gums in great shape but also contribute to your overall well-being. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at Viva Family Dentistry in Orléans. We’re here to help you achieve and maintain a healthy, radiant smile!
Schedule An Appointment - Get The Dental Care You Deserve!
Call our friendly staff at 613-424-1111 or click the button below - book your appointment today!